HHR Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (JEDI) Statement
We believe in Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion and ask all HHR members to make the following promise to each other:
I commit, as a member of the HHR team, to take an active role in making our group welcoming and inclusive to everyone. To do that, I pledge to embrace the following values:
- To be inclusive and treat all members of our community with respect regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, abilities/disabilities, beliefs, technical skills, or position.
- To refrain from making assumptions or judgments about my fellow community members.
- To Listen and be considerate.
- To embody empathy and compassion in all my personal interactions and communications.
- To routinely reach out to others lab members to offer assistance and support.
- To critique respectfully and constructively and engage in respectful discourse with the lab members whose perspectives differ from my own, recognizing that differences of opinion do not signify rightness or wrongness.
- To continually reflect on both the intended and unintended consequences of my comments and actions.
- To intervene when I see acts of hate, injustice, or discrimination targeted to others.
I commit to living out these values because I understand that our lab is stronger and more successful in its mission when we are united as a community. I understand, and agree, that inclusion unleash the power of diversity. I strive to foster belonging, empathy, compassion, and empowerment at the HHR lab.